Provide dedicated analytical, presentation, and insights-driven data support to assigned customers/sales managers to maximize business opportunities and best serve key customers. Lead, execute, and manage the message to the customer for planogram reviews. They will also be responsible for creating customer specific category management selling arguments to build Storck brands within the U.S. marketplace. This position will be based in Chicago, IL with a hybrid in-office schedule.
Senior Category Business Analyst
Initiate and perform business analyses, identify issues and opportunities and make recommendations to the Senior Category Business Analyst and the Category Insights & Management team with respect to:
- Product Distribution & Pricing
- Customer and Class-of-Trade Performance
- Customer Panel Analysis
- Competitive/Category Analysis
- Merchandising Effectiveness & Shelf Placement
Partner and support Sales Managers to effectively serve trade customers by:
- Mining consumer and category insights to identify customer opportunities
- Developing and presenting category research findings/implications to our trade customers and make recommendations based on sales/research analysis
- Work collaboratively to develop innovative and insightful content to drive category growth
- In conjunction with assigned Sales team members, participate in joint business planning development and customer planning cycle based on knowledge of category and shopper trends
- Engaging with our trade partners to build knowledge of how information we provide can be consistently useful and impactful to sales
- Providing field support during key calls
- Serve as the internal Team Lead for several strategic accounts by developing consistent and compelling in-market programs designed to attain leading edge competitive positions with customers. Including:
- Serve as an 'internal consultant' providing strategic thinking and perspective
- Lead, facilitate, and develop overall strategic objectives and category management goals for account responsibility serving as the liaison between internal and external team members
- Evaluation of flexible, customized programs and packs to assigned customers
- Ensure all communication, reports, analysis performance for accounts are accurate, timely, and consistent.
- Be the voice of the customer to internal stakeholders through company performance presentations
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
Fulfill Storck Company Values; Passion, Belonging, and Growth
Other duties as assigned
Knowledge of either IRI, or Nielsen data and software
A curiosity for data and finding selling stories with data
Excellent time management and organizational skills
Strong teamwork, problem solving and communication skills
Energetic and action oriented individual sought
Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Power Point)
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in business curriculum
3+ years of category management, customer/shopper marketing, or sales planning experience; preferably with a CPG company.
Travel: Minimal 10-15%, Including Domestic, and potentially International Travel
Future Hybrid Work Model, including Monday and Friday Work from Home, and Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday in normal working conditions for an office environment downtown Chicago, IL.
Must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination by the date of hire to be considered. Proof of vaccination required. Company Vaccination Policy available for review upon request during interview.