This Senior-level Brand Marketing leader will develop Brand portfolio strategies. Ensure the brand
strategies are in line with global brand strategies and monitor ROI’s for effectiveness and productivity of brands. Develop
and implement annual marketing plans including brand objectives, strategies and tactics, volume sales budgets and
marketing expense budgets in order to achieve maximum brand potential.
Senior Marketing Manager
Brand Strategy Development:
- Develop Brand portfolio strategy that will influence each individual brand’s marketing plan including volume sales goals, budgets, and marketing expenses.
- Include near term and long-term objectives
- Integrate overall objectives for each brand pillar
- Motivate team to develop brand marketing plans for each pillar
- Develop and execute brand positioning strategies in coordination with International Marketing team in Germany
- Evaluate and monitor growth opportunities in coordination with strategies to achieve sustainable growth
Develop detailed and accurate annual marketing plans including brand objectives, strategies and tactics, volume sales budgets and marketing expense budgets, which:
- Integrate overall brand and company objectives
- Illustrate strong understanding of brand strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats
Build Cross-functional relationships and collaborate with peers to deliver sustainable brand growth
- Partner with Insights on market research programs (focus groups, concept tests, syndicated studies, in-market tests)
- Partner with Shopper Marketing and E-Commerce to deliver brand growth and expand accessibility of our products for consumers
- Partner with Sales organization to gather customer insights and develop compelling selling materials and communicate key marketing programs. Understand and help develop channel strategies and developing programs and products to support key customers.
- Partner with US and International Project Management on annual brand plans (including strategy, media planning, communication, and portfolio development)
- Manage agencies and outside resources related to strategy development and communication
Supervise management of brand forecasts and marketing expense budgets including development of forecasting and tracking models for brands that are:
- Relevant for management decisions
- Comprehensive and integrate IRI data, Factory Shipments, Retailer information, financial information
For media supported brands, manage the advertising development process including management of the media buying agency and assessment of media proposals; partnering with advertising/marketing agencies to develop brand concepts.
Lead the development of brand performance analyses and reports; proactively identify issues and translate into actions/opportunities; provide routine and ad hoc brand and project performance updates to leadership. Examples:
- Brand performance updates
- Media performance
- Competitive analysis
- Financial performance
- Situation Analysis (Product, Placement, Promotion, Pricing, Consumer, Competition)
- SWOT Analysis (strength, weakness, threat, opportunities)
Actively seek and pursue opportunities for growth by translating brand insights and consumption, market research, competitive intel, company priorities, and capabilities and into actions that lead to brand and company profitable growth.
- Provide routine performance feedback, direction, and coaching to direct reports
- Collaborate to set goals that improve their skills and are appropriately challenging
This position supervises direct report(s). Manager is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of their areas. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the company’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include hiring, coaching, and directing employees; planning, assigning and directing work; yearly appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints, and resolving problems.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
Fulfill Storck Values; Belonging, Passion, and Growth
Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) required
- Advanced knowledge of syndicated scanner data (e.g., IRI, Nielsen) required
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree required; MBA degree with emphasis in Marketing preferred with six to ten years progressive experience in fast moving consumer goods industry
- At least one year in a managerial capacity
- Resourceful, creative, curious, and an innovative thinker
- Energetic, proactive, and action-oriented individual with a Customer-centric mindset
- Cross-cultural awareness and capabilities; experience working with Global/International business preferred
- Strong communication skills with the ability to adapt to different levels and communication requirements
Hybrid Work Model, including Monday and Friday Work from Home, and Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday in normal working conditions for an office environment downtown Chicago, IL.
Must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination by the date of hire to be considered. Proof of vaccination required. Company Vaccination Policy available for review upon request during interview.
Approximately, 10-15%, which includes international travel.