This Senior-level Brand Marketing leader will develop Brand portfolio strategies with an emphasis on Innovation for a consumer packed goods organization. Ensure the brand strategies are in line with global brand strategies and monitor ROI’s for effectiveness and productivity of brands. Develop and implement annual marketing plans including brand objectives, strategies and tactics, volume sales budgets and marketing expense budgets.
Senior Marketing Manager -Innovation
Evaluate and launch innovation platforms and products for US business
- Explore consumer and category-driven opportunities via market assessment
- Estimate and validate business opportunities that drive profitable growth
- Gain internal alignment with Director of Marketing, International Marketing and US Leadership
- Develop and execute brand positioning strategies in coordination with International Marketing
- Develop and refine go-to-market process for new Innovations within and beyond existing Storck portfolio and execute new item/portfolio launches in the US accordingly
- Track results versus KPIs, identify opportunities for improvements, and steward correction plans quickly and efficiently
Develop annual marketing plans including brand objectives, strategies and tactics, volume sales budgets and marketing expense budgets, which:
- Integrate overall brand and company objectives
- Are detailed and accurate
- Illustrate strong understanding of brand strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats
Build Cross-functional relationships and collaborate with peers to drive brand growth
- Collaboratively manage market research programs (focus groups, concept tests, syndicated studies, in-market tests)
- Partner with Sales organization to gather customer insights and develop compelling selling materials and communicate key marketing programs
- Partner with US and International Project Management on new product development prioritization, timelines and execution
- Manage agencies and outside resources related to strategy development and communication
Actively seek and pursue opportunities for growth by translating brand insights and consumption, market research, competitive intel, company priorities and capabilities and into actions that lead to brand and company profitable growth.
Lead the development of brand performance analyses and reports; proactively identify issues and translate into actions/opportunities; provide routine and ad hoc brand and project performance updates to leadership. Examples:
- Brand performance updates
- Media performance
- Competitive analysis
- Financial performance
- Situation Analysis (Product, Placement, Promotion, Pricing, Consumer, Competition)
- SWOT Analysis (strength, weakness, threat, opportunities)
Manage or supervise management of brand forecasts and marketing expense budgets including development of forecasting and tracking models for brands that are:
- Relevant for management decisions
- Comprehensive and integrate IRI data, Factory Shipments, Retailer information, financial information
For media supported brands, manage the advertising development process including management of the media buying agency and assessment of media proposals and partnering with advertising/marketing agencies to develop brand concepts.
This position may supervise one or multiple Associate Marketing Managers. The Senior Marketing Manager role is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of their areas. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the company’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, coaching and directing employees; planning, assigning and directing work; yearly appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Fulfill Storck Values; Belonging, Passion, and Growth
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) required
- Advanced knowledge of syndicated scanner data (e.g., IRI, Nielsen) required
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree required; MBA degree with emphasis in Marketing preferred with six to ten years progressive experience in fast moving consumer goods industry
- At least one to three years working in new product development or innovation capacity
- Resourceful, creative, curious, and an innovative thinker
- Energetic, proactive, and action-oriented individual with a Customer-centric mindset
- Cross-cultural awareness and capabilities; experience working with Global/International business preferred
- Strong communication skills with the ability to adapt to different levels and communication requirements
Future Hybrid Work Model, including Monday and Friday Work from Home, and Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday in normal working conditions for an office environment downtown Chicago, IL.
Must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination by the date of hire to be considered. Proof of vaccination required. Company Vaccination Policy available for review upon request during interview.
Approximately 10-15%, which includes international travel.